The US Submarine Veterans’ Charitable Foundation established the Memorials Fund to act as a tax deductible means to aid in the construction, maintenance and repair of submarine related memorials, Many of these existing memorial sites were originally constructed, repaired and maintained by SubVets of WWII, but most are being turned over to the USSVI Base volunteers that devote their precious spare time to insure the presentability of our heritage. In addition, USSVI is building additional memorials and some bases carry our maintenance work on USN Museum Submarines. Click on the Museum Submarine Link for more information on that program.
Bases with Memorial Projects requesting support should do so well in advance of the proposed start of the project by contacting in writing:
United States Submarine Veterans, Inc.
P.O. BOX 3870
Silverdale, WA 98383-3870.
The Memorials & Ceremonies Handbook, Chapter 7, has detailed instructions for bases to apply for USSVCF assistance. Click the M & C Handbook button on the left top side for a review.
Awarded Funds will be distributed as they become available.
Base Request Guidelines for Memorial Project Assistance:
- Base or Organization: address, contact person, email address, phone number
- Location of Project:
- Proposed use of Funds, description of project:
- Are other organizations contributing to, or matching funds raised for this project?
- Name of Organization(s) and anticipated contribution:
- Total Expected Cost of project: Materials only (paint, cleaning supplies, parts etc.)
- Anticipated Start date of project:
- Anticipated completion date of project:
- Project Manager/ Base or Organization: Name, address, email address, phone number
- Project Manager/ Memorials and Ceremonies Committee (to be assigned by M&C)
- Approval of projects will be determined by pre-approval of the M&C committee
- Final approval of projects will be determined by the USSVI Charitable Foundation Board of Directors.
Charitable Foundation Memorials Fund Chairman
Frederick ‘Carl’ Schmidt
23 Rockwood Rd.
Cabot, AR 72023-2019